Saturday, May 14, 2011

First day done






I can finally say that I now am the proud owner of a stamp in my passport. It is so pretty here and there are just so many different things going on around me that, at times it is hard to wrap my head around everything that is new and exciting. I went to a farmers market yesterday and was able to purchase some of my own fruit and try to use my Spanish to pay. I thought I knew Spanish but I am quickly learning that I do not know as much as I thought I did. Since we went to a bank before the market I was trying to figure out how it all works. Here a U.S. dollar equals 500 colones. I went to the market and got 3 apples and a passion fruit for 400 colones. Here are a couple pictures from the market and other things since I need to get ready for the Waterfalls hike today. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment