Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Rain Forest






Today was interesting to say the least. I thought that while being here that I would only learn from my experiences and the children that I will teach. I did not expect to learn from my classmates while I am here. Since we went to the waterfalls today I had thought that everyone had seen a waterfalls before. Since I am from Buffalo I am always taking friends and family to Niagara Falls to see the American and Canadian Falls. These falls were a lot different compared to the ones in Canada. I was just amazed to think that these fellow students had never seen a waterfall before. I did not think that I would get a cultural experience within my own group. Today we were able to see a lot of different wild life up front that we would have never been able to see had we walked in the rain forest. I really enjoyed the toucans and monkeys but could have done without the snakes. We also went into a butterfly house that was really cool to see all of the different kinds of butterflies along with what their cocoons look like. There were also a bunch of butterflies either hatching or about to hatch out of their cocoons. Well tomorrow is another busy day walking at the VOLCANO and we will be getting up very early in the morning. I will leave you with some favorite pictures of the day. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment